Monday, March 26, 2018

Recycling in Las Vegas

I have always been curious about recycling and how it actually can help us preserve the world we live in. So basically this post will be about recycling and if you guys have any other ideas that help care for our world please do comment. I have always been told to recycle by the media because it helps preserve Earth and I do know a few families that actually do recycle here in Las Vegas, but I never actually made a point to recycle. The main reason is because the city does not provide the means to recycle. You have to pay the recycling company to come to your house for them to pick up your recyclables. Correct me if I am wrong though please, this is only what I have been told and from the little research I have done. I personally drink a lot of water from water bottles because I work outside and need some fresh water as I am working. I would just drink the water that my work provides, but it has a horrible taste and probably is just from the tap. Anyways, since I have been interested in recycling, I have become a hoarder for empty water bottles. I want to recycle, but I have never made the effort to actually find somewhere to drop these bottles off. The recycling plant is way too far and I feel like if I just throw them in any old recycling bin I may find, I technically would be "dumping." So basically for now I have a bad habit of collecting trash. I do wish the city makes the effort for all of us to become more mindful of recycling because there are many benefits that come from it. I am sure Mother Nature would appreciate it as well. If guys have any information that you may think will help, please comment.

2 comments:

  1. So as far as recycling goes in Las Vegas I know the recycling service is included with the garbage service. The fee that is paid for Republic Services to pick up your garbage includes recycling as well. If you don't have a recycling bin they will provide one to you for free as long as you are paying for the garbage service. So check it out on their website and you can start to get rid of your recyclables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycling should be used in all neighborhoods in las vegas more and more to get towards the common goal of everyone getting rid of unwanted materials but will take time get to that point where it is mandatory for everyone

    ReplyDelete